Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what I want to do.
Hi.

I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me. All of my friends and everyone I speak to seems to know what they want to do with their life... but I really don't. I want a gap year to travel and sort my head out but my tutor is, quite understandably, making me apply for 2010. I have no idea what I want to study, where I want to go or what career I want to have... I cannot begin to start writing a personal statement for this very reason! I was considering doing Chemistry but I can't think of any reason why I would want to do that subject; it just seems to be my only option at the moment. I'm so mentally and physically exhausted that I have no motivation to consider my future. Everything just seems so hopeless and I'm in desperate need of a break! Is there anyone else who doesn't know what they want to study at University? Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions? I hate that we are expected to have our life planned out at the age of 17. Although the same cannot be said for my stress levels, I don't have any problems with my grades. I'm working towards As, although I wouldn't be shocked if I got Bs, in Maths, Psychology, English, Chemistry and Biology... I volunteer, I do Duke of Edinburgh and I take part in various different sports and activities so I really shouldn't have any problem with my personal statement... but I do. I'm such a boring person with no interest in anything. What do I do?! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I don't know what I want to do. - by axelalezah - 14/08/2009, 10:24 PM
RE: I don't know what I want to do. - by dplsk - 22/03/2010, 04:57 PM
RE: I don't know what I want to do. - by kmcleod - 22/10/2010, 09:44 PM