Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different personal statement formats
Quote:If anyones written a statement with bullet points or headings i
would be interested to read it and know where they were accepted to.

I did. I only applied to one place (Graduate entry scheme at Swansea) and was interviewed and offered a place. I'm not sure it is appropriate for me to share my ps with others who are in the process of applying.

This is only my opinion, but I don't think admissions tutors are looking necessarily to 'get a feel' of the person. It is important (and will become more important throughout your career as a doctor) to put across information in a succinct manner, particularly as admissions tutors will have lots of forms to read and decide who to short list. Shortlisting is usually carried out according to scoring on certain criteria, so to get the maximum 'points', you need to make sure all the pertinent information is clearly stated. That said, you can still get a good idea of the person from a ps that is not written in an essay
style.

I think the style of the ps needs to suit you. I write a lot of reports and papers for my current job but if you are not used to that style of writing, you might find it easier to take an essay style approach.

I hope that this is helpful.

Jools

Messages In This Thread
Different personal statement formats - by grinch - 04/07/2004, 06:09 PM
RE: Different personal statement formats - by Jools - 04/07/2004, 06:12 PM
RE: Different personal statement formats - by Guest - 18/07/2004, 11:48 AM