Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed structuring my statement
Ok, so i'm trying to write a decent personal statement to apply for a mixture of maths with computer science and maths with economics courses. i've got a load of paragraphs i've written, but i've got no idea on the best way to organise it.

Most of the example statements on here seem to start with saying how the subject relates to real life or how important it is to them, but i can't really think of anything original that has the same impact.

The other problem i've got is that although my AS and gcse grades have been very good, i've had limited work experience or extra curricular achivements in this area.

My wording is pretty bad as well...it sounds like it's been written by a 10 year old ("i like maths because it is interesting and fun") and full of cliches ("i think doing this degree will open up a wide range of career options"). I've managed to babble on about the same things and go way over the characted limit.

If someone could give me some advice, either general or specific to the courses i'm applying for, it would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Help needed structuring my statement - by Matt - 28/08/2006, 04:20 PM
RE: Help needed structuring my statement - by Guest - 31/08/2006, 03:13 AM
RE: Help needed structuring my statement - by Guest - 02/09/2006, 02:17 PM
RE: Help needed structuring my statement - by Guest - 05/09/2006, 06:04 PM