Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of my personal statement- what do you think- bit long (sorry!)
In the long term i hope to become a secondary school teacher. But to get there im hoping to study at oxford brookes, to take a combined biology and religion,culture and ethics. This is the start of my personal statement, does it sound okay??

"To become a secondary school teacher has been on my career list since the age of 15. I am very fond of supporting, advising and stimulating young people. To share my knowledge with others excites me and when I here one report back what I have taught them gives me a sense of joy and pleasure, knowing that my input has aided that person to move a step further into the future. This I think of as the biggest reward in life. Teaching secondary school appeals to me more as I remember what I was like as a teenager. There was a teacher called ‘Miss Blake’ (who has inspired me to become a teacher) who pulled me through the tough years of growing up, taught me about right from wrong, having her along my side as a teenager has made me who I am today. I want to be like her, an inspiration to other young pupils."

Im not too sure about the last bit.(any ideas). I was gonna go on and say why i have chosen those subjects and then include Voluntary work that i am doing at a youth centre and secondary school and other relevant skills that i have.

Messages In This Thread
Start of my personal statement- what do you think- bit long (sorry!) - by charlie - 09/11/2006, 07:36 PM