Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you please read this??
Your statement is ok, but it just does not make much sense, gramatically.

Here i have done a bit of an edit for you. It's not perfect but perhaps someone else could edit it again to refine it even further.

My choice to study Interpreting stems from my fascination and the imortance of an interpreter’s function and how it has maintained the same importance through the ages.
One aspect of this science that appeals to me is the way the interpreter’s role is strictly linked to culture’s development: (YOU NEED TO PUT AN EXAMPLE HERE) I have studied and translated ancient Greek and Latin texts at high school level, this gave me the opportunity to strengthen this conviction.
In the past three years I have been studying English and Spanish, in a recent lecture of 'Spanish Culture and Literature' we analyzed the passage of some terms of daily use from English to Spanish; it was interesting to see how such different languages are becoming closer and closer.
At my University our interpreting and translation program focused on very different semantic areas; business & finance,environment, health & medicine and law.
I am not ashamed to admit that during this last year of studies I realized that I need further experience to improve my skills and my language but most of all, to achieve my personal aspiration; Of working in the European Parliament or the UNO.
My interest in the study of languages has been furthered since I decided to spend the last two summers abroad. I had the opportunity to live in strict contact with those people whose language I decided to study. In 2005 I lived and worked in Barcelona, in 2006 I spent four months in London. These experiences have naturally widened my horizons, they've increased my awareness of the importance of knowing and respecting cultures different from mine, they've helped me to strengthen my interpersonal skills and my own personality.

Messages In This Thread
can you please read this?? - by ele - 04/06/2007, 04:30 PM
RE: can you please read this?? - by effielorraine - 05/06/2007, 05:55 AM
RE: can you please read this?? - by ele - 05/06/2007, 08:37 AM
RE: can you please read this?? - by effielorraine - 08/06/2007, 05:17 AM