Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Statement Advise
Big Grin
Hey everyone stressing about writing their personal statements. Has anybody actually applied yet? I know it's early but some of us are too keen.

I've recently been given some pretty good advise about writing a personal statement from someone who has already been there. He graduated with a 2:1 this year as well.

The advise is to start off knowing which degree you want to do. I've found what I want to do and now I can't stop going on. I've wriitten pages and it's hard shortening it.

I had a format suggested for me:

INTRO - development of subject interest (why you want to study chosen subject, what inspired your choice etc)

PAST - development of skills (if you're like me, a mature student, include working history)

CURRENT - what you're doing now (A-Levels, Access, working, predicted grades maybe)

FUTURE - your reason for studying your chosen subject, career choices etc

CONCLUSION - wrap it all up. I'm going to include my other interests and hobbies here and probably mention my son. I was also advised not to talk about my son and being a mother as I would be instantly stereotyped. What do you think? I'm 23 and unmarried but still with his dad.

Well, good luck everyone. I hope what I've written helps. It's a competetive business this uni stuff but we're all in the same boat.

Messages In This Thread
Personal Statement Advise - by Sazle - 03/09/2006, 06:33 PM
RE: Personal Statement Advise - by loftx - 03/09/2006, 07:06 PM
RE: Personal Statement Advise - by Sazle - 03/09/2006, 09:38 PM