Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ps need ur impressions

This is my draft for the ps. would u be so kind to let me know what u think about it???

Especially in these times when intercultural conflicts and global shifting of wealth arises, it seems to be very interesting for me to enhance my knowledge in the fields of politics/international relations, philosophy and economics. Understanding , for instance, the tensions between the western world and the middle east is not only related to politics, but also based on different philosophical ideologies and economic relations. Due to this intercultural basis of modern politics it appears important to me to study these above-mentioned courses in a joint honour degree.

My interest in these topics stems from the early years of education at grammar school, when I was taught politics, geography and history in English. The different political systems of , for instance, Germany and the UK or US as well as historical developments which led to those, have caught my interest during this period and afterwards have grown to a stronger longing for more sophisticated knowledge of politics. Additionally the aspiration for the English language and culture must have descended from these times and were even strenghtened during a six week lasting work experience at the PR section of Bramah’s Museum of Tea and Coffe in London.

As I became more and more fascinated by the means of regulating the european and world’s economy my way led to a vocational school in the fields of business and administration where I could obtain my “Abitur” and a State-Recognized Commercial Assistant degree at the same time. The time at this department deepened my interests in economical topics especially by teaching me macro economics like the work of the IMF or the means of the ECB to struggle inflation.The different tools of monetary policy like the main refinancing operations gave me a first impression on what is possible by larger institutions.

While absolving another six week work experience at the parliamentary party of the CDU at the parliament of Northrhine-Westphalia last year my interests in philosophy has grown particularly as it is a fundamental component of polical theory and the question how to meet the needs of different individuals in a state. I believe that the knowledge of philosophy is the basis of comparing different political systems and cultural differences as they mostly originate from philosophical theories.

Besides my interest in poltics/international relations, philosophy and economics, I enjoy sports. During the past five years I have been doing triathlon and football, which has taught me a certain degree of self-discipline and organisation skills in my free time. These organisation skills have also been improved by my work as a deputy spokesman of my class as well as beeing the deputy treasurer of my year combined with the responsibility for our yearbook. By having this amount of activities in my spare time I learnt to cope with a busy lifetime and enjoy keeping the balance of schoolwork, sports and a social life.

As I am now in my military service, I hope to begin my studies at a university with a friendly environment and in which I can contribute to the university and social life from septemmber on.
I like it a lot