Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction personal statement ppe
Hi there!

This is my introduction for my personal statement. I am applying for ppe at several unis and would be happy if anyone could tell me whether it seems convincing for him/her and also have an eye on the grammar as I'm from Germany.

The next step would be to write something about my personal achievements and my qualities but id like to check first whether the first part is alright.

Cheers,
Johannes

“ What do you want to do after your military service ?” , that is the question I now have heard for several times during the last year. “ Study something in the fields of politics or philosophy” has always been my answer and mostly the people were satisfied with this answer.As the aplication deadline came nearer I had to get aware of the actual reasons for saying this which must have been self-evident for me during my whole education.

During my time at secondary school I have had bilingual education meaning that the subjects politics, geography and history were taught in English. Somehow my love for the English language, its culture and people developed from this moment on and was even strenghtened by the six weeks of work experience I absolved in the PR section of The Bramah Museum of Tea and Coffee in London in 2005. This placement was part of my education to a State-Recognized commercial assistant which I have gone through while doing my “Abitur” at the same time. The regular classes in business studies and economy have contributed its part to my desire of understanding the worlds economical and especially political processes and thus lead to a second six weeks of work experience in the fields of politics which I experienced in the summer of 2006 at the CDU parliamentary party at the “Landtag” or parliament of Northrhine-Westphalia. This time gave me an amazing first view into the relations between non-governmental and governmental instituions and broadened my horizon for the fields of politics. From that moment on my interest in politics has been increased and I am keen on studying it on a wider basis and more profoundly. One question that has come up while thinking about the experiences I made was “Are there political systems or regulations which organise the life of a people and/or human nature the best?” and by thinking this way I already had come to the fields of philosophy. I asked a friend to lend me his philosophy course papers from his European Business School and read them. The introduction to philosophy in these papers has madee hungry for more and given me the understanding that politics are based on philosophy and in my opinion must therefore be studied together to understand them fully.