Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law Ps lacking a certain something?
[font=Arial]
I am applying for law, and haven't quite finished choosing my six uni's yet. My top one will be Nottingham, which i fell in love with! But i am worried that i will miss out by one grade Sad I have a very strong GCSE backround with 6A*'s 4A's and 1B But got 2A's 1B and 2D's at As level. I have dropped the two D's and i am now doing the accellerated Business Studies A2 course this year. My personal statement includes most of what i wanted it to, but feel it lacks a certain something, partically in the opening which i have added below, maybe it is too factual throughout. Please give me your advice on it.....and also about how likely i am to be given an offer at Nottingham!
Lydia xx

My interest in law developed as I discovered that it underpins almost every facet of society. This interest has grown and is demonstrated through the various activities of a legal nature carried out as related below.

At the age of 13 I acquired the role of chief prosecutor representing my school in a mock trial competition in Cambridge Magistrates court, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This was repeated the following year, and this experience consolidated and developed further my interest in advocacy. I hope that I might enhance this experience through active participation in university moots.

By way of further illustration of my commitment to law, at the age of 16 my work experience was undertaken at two leading East Anglian solicitor’s practices in Ipswich. During this time I was given first hand experience, albeit under supervision, of reviewing practical legal issues, in an authentic legal environment. My efforts were highly regarded, as reflected in the references I received.

Having established an appetite for the subject, I elected to study Law at A level, and achieved an ‘A’ at AS level last summer. Recent activities include conducting a further moot at Essex University Law Department as advocate. Additionally, after making representations to the head of East Anglian Barristers chambers during the summer holidays (2006), I was given the opportunity at the almost unprecedented young age of 17, to do a mini-pupilage, shadowing Barristers in a variety of courts. This rare opportunity gave me valuable insight into law in practice “at the sharp end.”.......

(rest not added)