Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS layout please help!
hey!
im a bit confused about the layout of my PS. i am applying online through UCAS, and it doesnt seem to want to let me use indents at the beginning of each paragraph. so my PS is just a big clump of writing! I think it would be best to leave a lines gap between each paragraph, but when I do this my PS (which originally fit perfectly), becomes six lines over the limit!!!! so i would have to cut some of it out, which i feel would be no easy task! anyone got any ideas?! should i do the spacing and improve layout even though it means i will have to sacrifice some of my PS content?!
Can't you pass like 5 spaces at the beginning of each new paragraph, creating "artificial" indentation?
Apparantly the trick is to do the indents in word and then copy and paste the whole statement including indents into the PS box on the online form.

I've not tried it (not having access to apply makes trying things like this out a bit tricky) but it's worth a go
^^^ didnt work for me...
Don't place indents. Simply leave a line gap in-between each paragraph. That way it is easier to read, and you don't have the problem of indents Smile
Quote:PhiloNysh - 2004-10-06 7:48 AM

Don't place indents. Simply leave a line gap in-between each paragraph. That way it is easier to read, and you don't have the problem of indents Smile

yet the problem of number of lines available lingers.
Yeah also your personal statement may be judged on presentation as well as content. If an admissions tutor saw two brilliantly written personal satements - one which was just a huge chunk of text and the other which was nicely presented which would they choose?

I don't know how much admissions tutors take presentation into account but you should at least consider it rather than just trying to fit as many words in as possible.