Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words I hate people using in personal statements
lol thanks 4 the advice! but i mentioned my "passion" for my subject on my PS first draft! any ideas of a better word then???!!!!
Yeah i said iam an avid reader of the times.

any other words?
get a thesaurus
it annoys me when people try and avoid using the word "interesting" as well. To be honest, you shouldnt really need to explicitly say you have a passion or interest in your subject, it should be implicit in what you are writing about!
Why not just write and avoid bluffing? Lol I kept on bluffing until the person checking my PS basically laughed at me and told me to be more down-to-earth! Not an easy thing to do really lol! Although I still couldn't get away from using the word "fascinating" lol! I think in my drafts I mentioned "passion" once about neuroscience and I basically got told uni's won't take me seriously with that word cus I imply I was born with the love for neuroscience, which I wasn't! Lol with the word interesting I phrased it "interesting to say the least" - dunno if that counts as bluffing Toungue but hey, more original than "passion" I guess? Just say the honest truth - but of course don't say "I hate maths" if you're applying for sciences or something! I've gotta avoid saying that in interviews now..... and evolution.......
I got really annoyed with myself for continually writing "I feel..." at the start of pretty much every sentence.
how many people do you hear saying "i relish the challenge" personally i think it sounds too over the top

I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD NOT USE BIG WORDS. THEY KNOW YOU DINT COME UP WITH THE WORDS SO WHATS THE POINT KEEP IT SIMPLE, LIKE

ONCE UPON A TIME I WANTED TO STUDY BUSINESS
I agree, I dislike: " I have 'always' been interested in..." or 'I have always loved" and I would like to 'be' a...... :o