Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studyzones personal statement review
loftx Wrote:Just a warning: for anyone who’s considering posting their personal statement on studyzones – the work does become public after you’ve uploaded it so you may not want to try it until you’ve sent off your Ucas form.

Ok here is what was happening. If a student clicked \"example work\" it will show all work older than two years. If you then clicked UCAS Personal Statements it would show all UCAS Personal Statements older than two years. However, if you then went on to click UCAS Personal Statements and a level, such as GCSE, if would show all UCAS Personal Statements. When I wrote the sql, it went along the lines of \"if coursework don't show for two years\". I have now fixed it to read \"if coursework or ucas personal statements don't show for two years\". This would have been discovered earlier but I only recently came back to this thread. I am sorry for this.

loftx Wrote:You might want to be careful with any data you give to studyzones. It looks like a company but seems to have no obvious way of making money such as charging or sponsorship but seem to have a lot of teachers employed answering questions. I'd be interested to know more about thier business model.

This is very upsetting. StudyZones has been marking homework and answering questions since 2001. We are a company, The Faculty Media Ltd. I started it after completing my A-levels and receive no moneys for my effort. If you would like to discuss our \"business model\" (it’s very simple: lose lots of money), please feel free to pm me for my phone number.

Messages In This Thread
Studyzones personal statement review - by loftx - 14/01/2005, 06:08 PM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by StudyZones.com - 09/06/2005, 05:58 PM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by StudyZones - 19/01/2005, 02:07 AM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by jay - 03/02/2005, 01:55 PM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by Guest - 11/05/2005, 07:32 AM