Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words I hate people using in personal statements
Why not just write and avoid bluffing? Lol I kept on bluffing until the person checking my PS basically laughed at me and told me to be more down-to-earth! Not an easy thing to do really lol! Although I still couldn't get away from using the word "fascinating" lol! I think in my drafts I mentioned "passion" once about neuroscience and I basically got told uni's won't take me seriously with that word cus I imply I was born with the love for neuroscience, which I wasn't! Lol with the word interesting I phrased it "interesting to say the least" - dunno if that counts as bluffing Toungue but hey, more original than "passion" I guess? Just say the honest truth - but of course don't say "I hate maths" if you're applying for sciences or something! I've gotta avoid saying that in interviews now..... and evolution.......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Words I hate people using in personal statements - by irisng - 19/10/2004, 07:22 PM
RE: Words I hate people using in personal statements - by Acaila - 28/10/2004, 07:05 PM
RE: Words I hate people using in personal statements - by Rammez - 11/11/2004, 10:05 AM