Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
arty hobbies on a sciency personal statement
Right, I'm just a little confused atm.
Firstly, in regards to the work experience, as far as memory serves, there is a space for employment detaisl on the UCAS form itself. However, that tends not to include non-paid experience. In regards to all the non-medical-related non-paid experience you have done, forget it, they just arent interested. Just make sure your medical related stuff really links in and really shows how you are passionate about science.
Now in regards to hobbies that make you sound all arty. Yes, this does seem to pose a little problem. But try and spin it to your advantage. Appeal to your "Independant learner" side by talking briefly about the things you have taught yourself, but mainly stressing that you "enjoy the challenge of self-tutoring, exploring ideas and solving problems in my own way I find helps to organise and structure knowledge in a very effective way" (or something to that effect). But yes, you need to find something in your subject that you really enjoy, and devote a large chunk of your PS to talking just about that. Read my article on this website for a few pointers on doing just that.

Messages In This Thread
arty hobbies on a sciency personal statement - by Iris - 21/07/2004, 05:32 PM
RE: arty hobbies on a sciency personal statement - by Willa - 22/07/2004, 04:22 PM
Art and Medicine - by Emi - 28/08/2004, 09:34 AM