Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal statement advice needed.
I have writeten out a draft for a personal state ment but would like it to sound more profesional and would like to add to it. Can anyone suggest improvements or things that i can add to it. Thank you.
Here is a copy of it so far.

Personal Statement for BTEC NATIONAL DEGREE IN NURSEING

My name is Caroline Nelson and I am a student at Branston Community college 6th form. I am 17 years of age. I am currently studying Psychology, Health and Social Care and General Studies at A Level. My current qualifications are mostly GSCE’s alongside a few other skills that I have gained though experience and swimming groups. I feel that my most valued skills gained from these groups is heart massage and C.P.R. I have eight GCSE’s at grade C and above not including a vocational GCSE in Health and Social care, and I.T Key skills level 2.

I am a caring, kind-hearted, enthusiastic character with a passion for music and aim to do something worthwhile in my life. My main goal at the moment is to come through my A levels and go into training for a BTEC national degree in nursing so that I can become a fully qualified nurse and then I will choose a specified area of care such as midwifery or child care. The reasoning behind my ambitions and this choice of carer is the fact that there were a lot of problems when I was born and the only reason I survived was because of the high standard of care that I received from the doctors nurses that cared for me. This had led me to value life and I wish to help others in the same way that I was helped. I aim to live life to the full, not wasting any of it.

I choose this particular nursing course because I feel that I will become a better nurse if my training is partially made up of experience based in hospitals and other care settings. This way I will gain plenty of experience and understanding about my role and the team around me,
rather than having minimal experience in the nursing field and a theory based education from other sources.

Messages In This Thread
personal statement advice needed. - by caz_17 - 06/05/2005, 10:38 AM
RE: personal statement advice needed. - by CAZ_17 - 06/05/2005, 10:41 AM