Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studyzones personal statement review
Ok, most people have probably sent off their personal statements by now, but if you’re still looking for a second opinion, you might find the Studyzones website useful. They have a work submission process which allows you to submit your personal statement and get it reviewed – similar to our own PSR on Studential.

The differences are, your statement is reviewed by an actual teacher or tutor and you’re given a grade afterwards. I submitted my own personal statement and – rather surprisingly was given a C grade and the comments posted below:

Quote:This has a promising start, and I particularly like the reference to the revision website, which is certainly unusual. The big drawback is that you are nothing like specific enough about topic areas and project work, and I have indicated in the draft where this should be added - in more than one place. I have also tidied up some of the wording, and hope you like the revised version.

The tutor is right, my personal statement wasn’t all that specific, but I would have thought I could have done better than a C!

Just a warning: for anyone who’s considering posting their personal statement on studyzones – the work does become public after you’ve uploaded it so you may not want to try it until you’ve sent off your Ucas form.

Messages In This Thread
Studyzones personal statement review - by loftx - 14/01/2005, 06:08 PM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by StudyZones - 19/01/2005, 02:07 AM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by jay - 03/02/2005, 01:55 PM
RE: Studyzones personal statement review - by Guest - 11/05/2005, 07:32 AM