Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stuck on introduction
Thank you for the reply.

I am applying for the MA program in History of Art and was thinking about using a related quote from the field, or a quote from one of my favorite artist's that has to do with the notion of self-discovery and being able to actualize one's goals. I'm just experiencing writer's block at the moment and having a challenging time thinking of something else that would be attention grabbing for the reader. Especially since I don't consider myself to have had any profound life experiences :-/. Well, apart from my travels in and around Europe and visiting the museums there (I currently reside in the states). I have a very rough rough rough draft of my PS, which are just my general thoughts reflected in print. I just don't want to come off sounding pretentious, corny or too "autobiographical" in the statement (see I have a degree in Psychology from a uni here, but after graduating and getting work experience in that field, I discoverd it's just not something that I wanted to pursue a profession in long term and that I should follow my own interests, instead of my parents' wishes for my future which dealt with pursuing a career in the medical field). It's just a bid odd, if this had been an assignment on any other topic, it would have been best completed by now, but writing about one's self has made me hit a road block so to speak. Excuse the ramblings, it appears I'm venting my frustrations now :-/.

Messages In This Thread
stuck on introduction - by Guest - 18/12/2004, 07:40 PM
RE: stuck on introduction - by Guest - 25/08/2006, 05:35 PM
RE: stuck on introduction - by Guest - 02/09/2006, 04:08 PM
RE: stuck on introduction - by Athena - 05/09/2006, 10:09 AM
RE: stuck on introduction - by Guest - 04/09/2006, 07:28 PM
RE: stuck on introduction - by loftx - 18/12/2004, 07:56 PM
RE: stuck on introduction - by Guest - 18/12/2004, 08:29 PM